This Paint-by-Numbers life at the Hotel California

Stuff really...post-Uni life plans and musings,, a soon-to-commence teaching trip to Tianjin, China, and general opinonated nattering :) Oh, and my diabolically dramatic love life :S

Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Nanjing...


Wow...I could be living there in less than six months...scary fact really...
I am applying to work in China, to leave in February, to teach English at various Chinese Universities and Aviation Colleges, on behalf of Rolls-Royce and The University of Derby, where I have just graduated from. I wanted to go in August (cohorts leave twice a year), but things 'came up' and I withdrew my application. However, that gave me time to get myself known by the interviewer and I've already had a mock interview with her so hopefully that stands me in good stead.

I have always wanted to visit China and am fascinated with its culture, it would be a dream come true if I was to go there, but time will tell. It may not be meant to be :(
It would be perfect for me though. I have lived abroad before and thrived on it. At the moment I'm a graduate (as of June 04), working in a shop full-time not really going anywhere - this is a year out but I've not managed to save any money as yet!

Better get on with my CV and covering letter then...I'll find out if I've got an interview in about a month...and I'd better get a contingency plan sorted too, there are a lot more applicants than last time!!

Kimmeh x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home