This Paint-by-Numbers life at the Hotel California

Stuff really...post-Uni life plans and musings,, a soon-to-commence teaching trip to Tianjin, China, and general opinonated nattering :) Oh, and my diabolically dramatic love life :S

Sunday, October 31, 2004

University #4...


About a year ago, I saw a funding thing to go to The University of Pennsylvania, with funding, and I decided not to apply. I remembered about it this year, went to the website, and have missed the deadline by two weeks. I was all ready to apply, but maybe I should apply next year and save up for it...I really want to do a Postgraduate course abroad; to really make the most of it, and 'go out in style' hehehe :D The course I chose if from Wharton, and is an MA in International Studies, but starts in May?! How weird is that?

It would be the fourth University I would go to, if I was to remember to apply next year, and to be successful; I have already studied at The University of Central Lancashire, The University of Derby, and the IUT de Meaux. I was told last year that the Admissions peoples for UPenn are looking particularly for graduates from '2nd class Universities' so that's better for me :) I only got a 2:2. Here's a link to the Wharton page...:http://lauder.wharton.upenn.edu/

I have been researching American Universitites for weeks, and all I need is the money to go really...the fact that I have lived abroad twice must stand me in good stead in application. I should probably get off my arse and open a seperate bank account for travelling/studying funds.

Get in....if I go to China as well it will look super for me...I need some new printer ink before I apply for that, but my application is all ready and written up to post...and the closing date is November 22 :D

Work was bollocks yesterday. But, at the moment I'm looking at it with 3 months to go, unless I don't get in for this China thing.

I need a contingency plan. I am going abroad no matter what, no matter who tries to stop me or no matter what gets in my way. I have already turned down China and Mauritius in the past, and the travelling bug has bitten me rather badly in the ass.



The current mood of dearbarbie at www.imood.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home