This Paint-by-Numbers life at the Hotel California

Stuff really...post-Uni life plans and musings,, a soon-to-commence teaching trip to Tianjin, China, and general opinonated nattering :) Oh, and my diabolically dramatic love life :S

Monday, November 01, 2004

Yesterday I was so annoyed!!

Right, a bit of background first. My boyfriend only lives 2.5 hours away on the coach - a lot for someone living in the UK, but I know for you Americans it's not that much distance. Well, we don't ever know when we can see each other next as I work in a shop and we're getting busy for Xmas (never allowed weekends off atm) and he works a Mon-Fri job, but for the past month its been every weekend.

So Sat night, he has this black tie dinner thing to go to. We were not seeing each other this weekend but on Sat afternoon I found out that my manager had given me today off. It was not enough notice for me to go home and pack a bag to go and see my man, but we decided he was going to come here for the day on Sunday.

So, Sunday morning, I don't hear anything from him so I call about 11.15...he was to get the 12 midday coach to Leeds, spend a few hours here, and go back in the evening. But, on Sat night, he got so blind drunk that he was so ultimately hungover yesterday, he couldn't make it to see me . I offered to go to his city even though it would take about 3 hours (transport from my house is awful) but he still said he is too ill. And seen as I got so wasted on Thurs and broke my bank card, I have only a few quid until my replacement card turns up at the end of this week...!

There were two things particularly annoying me about this...: He knew he was seeing me yesterday, so why did he have to drink so much? He said he wasnt buying drinks, his friend kept buying them and it was rude to refuse? And, we never know when we are going to see each other next...so going back to reason 1), to me, he should have been more responsible?

After talking to a few mates yesterday and today, I realise that I wasn't overreacting, although I thought I was. Ad pointed out that there's no point being with someone that I'm never going to see, so I started thinking about it, but after speaking to Pete it's ok I think. At least he knows I'm aware I guess. But my bloke mates reckon he was out of order...! Mind you, Pete does too, especially after I laughed at him for being a lightweight...!

Wooooo, tomorrow it's another Team T-Bar night out...well, so far it's just Rob and me going out for a few jars, but we'll recruit some more from other departments of the store to join us!

Kim x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home