This Paint-by-Numbers life at the Hotel California

Stuff really...post-Uni life plans and musings,, a soon-to-commence teaching trip to Tianjin, China, and general opinonated nattering :) Oh, and my diabolically dramatic love life :S

Friday, January 14, 2005

Butterflies In My Stomach

...

God, this picture is of the Leeds skyline; it looks so much cleaner that the cities of our Chinese counterparts, doesn't it? Well, I guess I'll know for sure in 4 weeks and 4 days :P

Got myself a Chinese dictionary and CD thing (thanks Dad) that I'm gonna have a peek at tonight, after a meal for my Mum's 50th birthday...

Got a few missed calls from Nick last night, and then an 'are you ignoring me again?' message? I sense a bit of 'don't know what you've got 'til it's gone'... I don't understand him at all. I'm staying at his on Monday night as I'm doing teacher training on Tuesday in Derby (he lives near there and actually works in the building next door to where I'm going to be based! I was going to have a chat to him about stuff, but it's going to fall on deaf ears anyway.

Last night I saw The Incredibles, which was totally ace! It was comic boook-tastic and I totally recommend that you see it. I wanted to see if before I hauled ass to China, giving me 5 weeks, but I arranged it on Wednesday night, with a guy I met that night. Which was totally random, who is totally cool, and that's all I'm going to say about that!

Bless, my colleagues at work (some who've known me 7 months and some who have known me about 4 years) are organising a leaving party for me, the weekend before I fly (I think). There's a surprise too, am dreading that one, but awwwww, how nice!!

And finally, I live in one of the UK's biggest cities. Why is it totally impossible to buy a bright colourful (not black) diary and address book!?!?!?

Kim xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home