This Paint-by-Numbers life at the Hotel California

Stuff really...post-Uni life plans and musings,, a soon-to-commence teaching trip to Tianjin, China, and general opinonated nattering :) Oh, and my diabolically dramatic love life :S

Saturday, January 15, 2005

A Brief History Lesson (in more ways than one)...

...


I'm reading about the events in Tiananmen Square, in 1989, which is why you may recognise the picture - 10 points to anyone who knew what it was before I told you :P I knew bits about it, but felt compelled to learn more about it and some of the facts, especially as I'm going to be living about an hour away from where it all happened. It's shocking reading really, that such events could happen in such recent times, in such a culture. My trip is really going to be an eyeopener.

Nick is such a tosser as well. His mum, who lives in Spain, is over for the weekend. Nick lives in Nottingham, and has come up to Leeds for the weekend to spend time with her. He calls me tonight, I'm like, 'why are you wanting to speak to me?' and he thinks I'm trying to argue. I tell him that he should be spending time with his family - I mean, he hasn't seen his mum in months and didn't even get to spend Christmas with her. He then goes mental. I tell him that he could at least have commented on my thoughtfulness. But, he instead informs me that he doesn't think what I say is thoughtful in the slightest. So, I reply with 'how can you be so ungrateful?!' and hang up.

How can one person simply be so pigheaded!?

There really is no need for such an attitude problem.

Now he has the audacity to text me and tell me that he doesn't want anything to do with me?! Has he only just noticed that this is how I feel? He's the one who's always calling me. I replied, apologising profusely for being one of the more kind and genuine souls inhabiting this planet, stating that my gesture was simple, and I don't want anything to do with him.

That complete imbecile has put a downer on my evening. I have a good mind to call him and give him a piece of my mind, and thank him for finally deciding to leave me alone (9 missed calls during a film isn't my idea of fun)...

See, this is why I never normally go for men my age!

I went out with Rowan last night. Whom I also spent Weds night with, and Thursday night, and also will be with tomorrow night, as he's cooking me a meal :) This guy's ace, such a gentleman. Such a lot to talk about. Nice eyes too :p In a 'I only met you a few days ago but keep thinking about you' kind of way.

I finish work in 2 weeks and 6 days! Back of the net!

Kim x

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home