This Paint-by-Numbers life at the Hotel California

Stuff really...post-Uni life plans and musings,, a soon-to-commence teaching trip to Tianjin, China, and general opinonated nattering :) Oh, and my diabolically dramatic love life :S

Saturday, January 22, 2005

Graduate

...and going into hiding!


Today I got asked if I've ever been told that I look like Jennifer Aniston. The answer to this statement is that, yes, I have been told this on numerous occasions, with increasing correlation as I get older. Wonder if I'd get told more if I returned to blonder hair...?

This photo I chose for this entry's a little bit random, and was taken last night.

I'm having a really surreal year so far. Everything has turned on its heels ever since New Year. I'm going to China after been offered a job I didn't get, I've been going out with normal men, and I was wearing a mortarboard earlier today. This week has been exceptionally weird. The graduation, seeing Rowan, meeting David, seeing Adrian for the first time in ages...counting down the days until I leave.

Let me tell you about my weekend.

I met Adrian in Derby yesterday afternoon, and we went for a mooch about Derby, then to our B&B to get ready...went for a drink in Susumi (ace Japanese style bar) then onto a Cantina seen as they don't do food anymore :( Then onto Revolution for shots, then to the SU for a jazz/Frank Sinatra stylee evening. In typical Kim and Adrian style, we took photos of each round so we could check how much we'd consumed in the morning!




Can remember dancing to Loveshack twice, doing the twist with lots of random lecturers and parents...and walking down the University driveway freezing cold!!

This morning we headed over to Campus after being picked up by my folks. Got all gowned up...



...had my photos taken...




...thanked my Course Leader, David...



...then met up with unexpected people - my course, International Business, only had 3 Engish people on it - there were 17 Spanish (I think), a Serbian, and 7 French - so I only expected to see 2 other people...but most of the other students had come over for their Graduations too, even though they only studied at Derby for one year, so it was of course great to see them!




Then we mingled a bit more, then got a coach to Derby Assembly Rooms, where the ceremony was held:



And that bit's a little bit obvious really...I have a lovely blurred pic of me getting my certificate, but it's a bit pants to post :P

Here's me and Pablo, and Sarah too...




Then I mingled a bit more with my folks and Adrian:




I was going to get all philosphical with this entry. I'm supposed to be in bed but can't sleep. Check me out, I'm all grown-up!



Well, sort of.


Sent a few drunken texts to Rowan last night :o Haven't heard from him hahahaha! David wants to meet up tomorrow night tho. God, rereading that sounds like I'm playing them off each other. I'm not at all. They're probably also meeting up with other ladies. Although, surely not as random as me!

Kim xx

P.S. These pics and the rest will be uploaded to my photo website tomorrow. Sign my guestmap :) xx


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home