This Paint-by-Numbers life at the Hotel California

Stuff really...post-Uni life plans and musings,, a soon-to-commence teaching trip to Tianjin, China, and general opinonated nattering :) Oh, and my diabolically dramatic love life :S

Friday, November 26, 2004

Back...

Je suis revenue d'Ecosse...


Aye right, that's me back. Went up to Stirling on the train straight from work on Tuesday night, then got picked up and driven all the way to wee Kinlochard. Was sooo tired as a result. It was a pretty daft journey to make, considering that I would only be there for all of Weds and part of Thursday, but ah well, I would've been bored at home and spent a lot of money.

On Wednesday I met up with my ex Ryan, whom I was with about 4 years ago and it seems insignificant now - by that, I simply mean that I can't remember anything much of it apart from the fact that he wasn't particularly loving. It was more of a case of not having a clue to be honest. I met up with him and his mate Paul in Gap and we went for coffee. The last time I saw him was in May when I ended up kissing him - yesterday confirmed that he has officially become 'fit' since I was with him. I mean, he was nice them, but now he's got a bit of class and good taste and looks really good and so much more grown up than when we were 18!

It was totally weird seeing him but also good too, although it was totally planned at the last minute as he could only spare about an hour (I only gave him about half an hour's notice!). The rest of Weds was spent bumming about Stirling town with my folks, and then in the hotel bar adjacent to our apartment complexy thing, drinking Tennents and doing a pub quiz, as well as talking to Shaun the local (and undeniably famous) storyteller. After a few beers I decided to come clean about Nick to mum - something I had been avoiding for several reasons: a) not sure if he was gonna be a quick fling?, and b) just broken up with Pete. Anyway, she wasn't particularly impressed (when she'd seen us together she said there was no bond although I was trying to conceal any evidence of us being together) and suggested I get together with Dan! No way! Oh man! I also got into a bit of a state when she went on about Ally, and ended up having a good cry, and eventually crying myself to sleep that night! I have no idea why however, but I have been feeling excellent ever since.

Thursday was spent in Edinburgh - a less homely Glasgow in my opinion, but still amazing. I got the train back about 4 and waited for Nick in Leeds Station as he was coming back from Nottingham about the same time.

Ha, Nick. This is where this entry nears interesting. Well, it's about as exciting as it gets I'm afraid...Nick's new job; he starts a week on Monday, so moves out next weekend which is a total bummer. I told myself I wasn't gonna get involved with another long-distance relationship but some friends have been telling me to go for it - if I don't, I could regret not having tried. I like this guy a lot more than I thought and he wanted to give it a go when he moves but today I told him I didn't, then he agreed it wasn't a good idea, but we're gonna have a chat about it on Sunday. I'm regretting making that decision. I guess I will have to see what the week brings, but I guess the fact he's invited me out for his mate's birthday tomorrow night has gotta mean something...!

Typical, just as I find someone I am really starting to like, he gets taken away!

Kim xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home