This Paint-by-Numbers life at the Hotel California

Stuff really...post-Uni life plans and musings,, a soon-to-commence teaching trip to Tianjin, China, and general opinonated nattering :) Oh, and my diabolically dramatic love life :S

Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Don't go back to Dalston...

Wow...remember I was telling you about China...?

Well, I got home from a totally bad day at work, and an interestingly rubbish weekend, to find an interview invitation in the form of a lovely letter from The University of Derby! So that's in 2 weeks. I have to seriously plan for it - lesson plans and everything, and I now have 2 days off work so I can use them wisely!

Me and Nick are over, it seems. On Saturday night we went out with his mates for one of their birthdays...just Nick and I went to Firefly for a few which was nice and coupley, I was thinking how much I liked him and he was paying for everything...
We met up with his mates and went to Heaven and Hell - a totally awful club I haven't been in since I was about 17/18 but it wasn't my night so I didn't say anything. Free drinks all night tho, and it wasn't that busy either. I got on with Nick's lad mates really well once ice was broken, which was good, as I didn't want to look a fool. However, he introduced me as 'this is my good friend Kim', which I thought as odd. So yeah, then he goes to the bar and I bump into my ex, Jason, who I was with for about a few weeks, when I was 18. We chat and swap numbers.

Later, I'm dancing with Nick's mates, and Nick comes over - I let him go talk to his buddies, and thought he'd be glad that I wasn't hanging on his arm all evening - and gets all stressy and jealous, and goes off on one in a strop, with his mate in tow worried about him. I thought he was gonna hit one of the other guys....turns out he didn't like me dancing with another guy. And I wasn't even doing anything - we were taking the piss to the music! And this guy has a girlf!
So that was that. He ended up staying over and was fine on the Sunday. I was supposed to go to his on Sunday night - he was gonna cook for me, but I ran out of money and couldn't get there so cancelled. I didn't hear from him much on Sun so I called and we chatted, and rearranged for Weds night.

Anyway, yesterday I didn't hear from him at all. Sometimes I just wonder, I always seem to make the effort, so I didn't call, but gave in and texted him to cancel Weds, cos it didn't feel right. Saying I liked him and he was going away and it was a problem. After a few texts back and fro he stopped replying and I haven't heard from him today, until now on MSN, so it's over between us in my head! He just asked if he can come over to say goodbye before he moves! Whatever!

On a different note, I was feeling totally rubbish as a result last night and Dan picked me up and took me for beer, bless him. Dan totally rocks. Just before he arrived, Jason called. He's a quantity surveyor - almost - in his final year of Uni, and splits his week between Newcastle and Leeds. We spoke for a while and he asked if I'd call back in a few days and we should arrange to do something?!

I need space! I don't understand men and the more I try, the less I want to! Rant over!

Kim xx

1 Comments:

  • At 1:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well I just got back from the gym and I am beat. I am currently doing some research on airline employee hotel discount and stumbled across your blog. Which cracks me up really. The internet can certainly land you off base sometimes. Even though Don't go back to Dalston... is not completely related I think it is a cool blog. I have read back through the archives and lots of people make some very good points. Well I have been on-line forever it seems. I need to continue to plug away at airline employee hotel discount. If you have the energy swing by airline employee hotel discount. I try to update my site weekly and maybe you will see something you like. I already snagged your URL and put it in my favorites. If you do not mind I will be back again. Great job!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home