This Paint-by-Numbers life at the Hotel California

Stuff really...post-Uni life plans and musings,, a soon-to-commence teaching trip to Tianjin, China, and general opinonated nattering :) Oh, and my diabolically dramatic love life :S

Thursday, December 02, 2004

It's closer than I thought...

And I'm already getting nervous...


Well, when I called my manager yesterday to ask for time off for my interview, he reminded me that my interview is on Tuesday, not a week on Tuesday, as I originally thought, giving me less than a week - 5 days to be exact - to prepare for the next door opening in the hall that is my life. I have to plan a lesson for my interview in front of a panel, discuss what materials I will use, lesson objectives, assessment, and timescale...so I've been working on ideas for that in order to mentally prepare myself for the interview. I hate interviews...however, the last one I had got me a job that I turned down...that was about 2 months ago :S

Nick came over last night, to see me before he went to Nottingham. Man, the way he's been talking about it, you'd think he was moving to Mars! He came over an hour late, after getting lost. We went to the pub, came back here for a bit, ended up kissing and cuddling, but nothing was discussed about 'us'. I mean, the way we were both talking, we had both assumed we had broken up. He asked if he could stay and I told him no...then he went home because I was tired at about 1.30am. He was on his bike and I woke up about 2.30am to the sound of something being thrown at my window...I looked at my phone to have 6 missed calls from him and put 2 and 2 together to work out he'd got lost on his way home and was gonna give me some excuse to stay over...
In my half-asleep/half-awake state I let him throw more gravel at my window and eventually heard his motorbike roar off into the night.

I later found out he got home at 3.45am after getting stopped by the police!! Oh dear! I texted him earlier after thinking about him for most of the day, asking if we could give stuff a go, and he said he'd call. He did, for a bit, saying that he'd like to try maybe, even though we'd see each other once a week (v. optimistic of him!?) and I'm waiting for him to call me back again which I doubt will happen.

However, I just spoke to the lovely Jason again. We can't remember what each other looks like as we were inebriated when we met on Saturday night, so have e-mailed each other photos, and he wished me good luck for my interview, and said we'd have to go out for a drink soon. :D:D:D Flattery was getting him everywhere.

So nervous about Tuesday! At least there's my work Xmas party to look forward to afterwards!!

Kimmeh xx

P.S. I think I may be addicted to chocolate. I even had it for breakfast today, and have lots of hot chocolate at work. Methinks I will need to haul ass to they gym tomorrow as I've really been slacking recently, and now I'm possibly single again I will need to seriously get sorting it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home