This Paint-by-Numbers life at the Hotel California

Stuff really...post-Uni life plans and musings,, a soon-to-commence teaching trip to Tianjin, China, and general opinonated nattering :) Oh, and my diabolically dramatic love life :S

Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Well, I had the interview!

Woooo! This is Rob, Mat, and I, last night...

My God! I had the interview to go and teach in China yesterday, at my old University, in Derby. Was completely nervewracking - I had to do a lesson plan for it, in front of a panel of three peopl. I think I did alright if I'm honest, although I probably came across as too confident. Thing is, though, they weren't all that interested in my past experience from a teaching point-of-view; it was more to do with how I have handled cultural change in the past (living in France, transition to English life), how I would cope in numerous scenarios, and that sorta thing. I was in there 45 mins, asked a lot of questions, and went in overprepared probably - I typed up all the questions I wanted to ask! And, how sucky (I can't believe I actually did this...), I took a packet of sweets for the interviewers! As part of my lesson plan, I had to take appropriate examples of materials to interview, and I decided that as part of my lesson I would give English sweets to the students.

Ah well, at least they'll remember me, right?!

Then, last night was a work Xmas party - went to a Malaysian colonian-style restaurant that was uber-nice, then we went to Hogshead to gatecrashe Marks & Spencer's Xmas party as well as whooping them at jenga, then Revolution, then Baja Beach Club. It was totally random, I got so many compliments from all the guys I work with about how I looked - even offering to take my jacket and pull out my chair for me - and Rob wouldn't shut up about how 'stunning' haha, in fact, he joked he was speechless and pretended not to be able to speak!!

And, OMG, Nina, this girl who used to work with us who left, randomly turned up at the restaurant. She's a nice lass and all but I think she's got a few issues. Anyway, we're grooving away in Baja and she's all over Paul, our manager, really grinding at him and he's just so taken aback, then they're dancing then they're kissing!! He has a wife and kids and I bet he'll regret that tomorrow morning!

I also injured myself last night and now have a sprained wrist, rendering me half-useless at work tomorrow!

I find out about the job at the end of next week! So nervous!

Kimmeh xx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home