This Paint-by-Numbers life at the Hotel California

Stuff really...post-Uni life plans and musings,, a soon-to-commence teaching trip to Tianjin, China, and general opinonated nattering :) Oh, and my diabolically dramatic love life :S

Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Not long to go

...?

2 weeks and 5 days, baby!!

How totally cool is Salvador Dali? I really love Le Tigre, it's one of my favourite paintings. Ooh, I really must haul my ass to The Louvre before the end of the year - I guess I need to go back to Paris to see Vannak, Christelle, Martine and Phil anyway! It's been over a year!!

Woooo, I tried to leave work early yesterday. I am scheduled to leave next Saturday, then to take a week and a half's holiday. I just was so wound up yesterday, I offered to hand in my notice and leave in a few days (bringing my holiday period forward). But I guess doing that means I'll get paid a week's less wages - not that it would account for much. I had a bit of a rant, okay it was quite a significant rant, about being underpaid at work. Didn't go down too well...

I've been in touch with a guy from the CAUC, where I'm going to teach in China! He's been there a few months I think, told me about my apartment (western toilet, woo!), and apparently I have broadband and a really trashy computer in there, and it looks like I'm going to have an apartment to myself!

Socially, this week is panning out to be a bit, erm, rubbish. Monday was meant to be spent with Ben at Monday Night Oak Quiz, Tuesday was Rowan, tonight was meant to be at a gig with Dale, Thurs and Fri are open, and Saturday I'm having my random rendezvous (a few mates just coming over to consumer copious amounts of alcomahol)...but Monday, Ben was working late, so I got my ass kicked at pool by Ro. Last night he came over for a film and then I kept falling asleep - nothing like giving a man confidence, eh!! Tonight, well, the band Dale and I were going to see have cancelled, and Dan's not available either. :@ :( Ahhhh well. I may even go to the gym later.

Nah, it's not gonna happen.

Muchas apologised for my unecessarily depressing last entry - I think it was the comedown from the weekend meets reality of leaving the country again. On that note, got a really random apology from David for being a bit of a git, and that's cool. He's a decent enough bloke so looks like I may have made a new beer and pool partner, but that's it.

I have stolen this from omletteman's China blog.

You scored as Mindfuck. Congratulations, you scored Mindfuck. You've probably seen a lot of movies, and have grown to hate mainstream shit. You're looking for the movie that will leave you breathless, and with 21 questions to think about. Check out: Donnie Darko, Being John Malkovich, Pulp Fiction, Memento.

Artistic

75%

Sadistic Humour

75%

Mindfuck

75%

Drama/Suspense

60%

Romantic Comedy

45%

Sci-Fi/Fantasy

25%

Mindless Action Flick

15%

Movie Recommendation.
created with QuizFarm.com

Ooh and this too:

Last Cigarette: no no no no no
Last Alcoholic Drink: Hmmmm, beer on Monday night
Last Car Ride: The mummobile taking me to Leeds on Monday night
Last Kiss: Last night ;)
Last Good Cry: when I found out Ally was engaged, months ago...aannyway.
Last Library Book checked out: some Uni textbook months ago
Last Movie Seen in Theatres: The Incredibles
Last Book Read: The one I'm reading now is 'A Hundred and One Days' by Asne Seierstad.
Last Movie Rented: God knows. Saw Finding Nemo last night that didn't specifically belong to me?
Last Cuss Word Uttered: It could have been anything!! Nothing yet today tho.
Last Beverage Drank: Orange juice
Last Food Consumed: Gluten-free pasta and a totally badass sauce thing!
Last Crush: I couldn't possibly divulge such classified information :p
Last Phone Call: Kamran last night, do missed calls count?
Last TV Show Watched: This really cool Sahara thing where a caravan of camels goes through the desert!
Last Time Showered: Last night, and in about 30 mins
Last Shoes Worn: Black Work Shoes #3
Last CD Played: Travis - 12 Memories
Last Item Bought: Yesterday's lunch
Last Download: Erm, God knows, Howie Day I think....
Last Annoyance: Dan not being free tonight...
Last Disappointment: Not calling in sick at work yesterday
Last Soda Drank: I don't drink that crap!
Last Thing Written: This, and an e-mail to Rowan
Last Key Used: House key
Last Word Spoken: 'Alright, see you whenever then...' probably, it's all I ever say!
Last Sleep: About 2 hours ago...
Last IM: It was from David apologising.
Last Weird Encounter: I'm always having them, they seem normal lol!
Last Ice Cream Eaten: An eclectix mélange of mint choc chip and raspberry pavalova! May have it again for breakfast!
Last Time Amused: Walking home from the Doctor just now realising that my Chinese adventure is imminent!
Last Time Wanting To Die: I haven't wanted to do that for a very long time. It's just silly.
Last Time In Love: 9 months ago. The jury's still out on whether it will happen again before I'm 40.
Last Time Hugged: Last night by Rowan, after lots of hugs at work
Last Time Scolded: Weeks ago, probably after voicing my opinion at work.
Last Time Resentful: Am I not always resentful about something?!
Last Chair Sat In: Leather sofa. Not comfortable.
Last Lipstick Used: I wear lipgloss!
Last Underwear Worn: The ones I'm in now!
Last Bra Worn: Funky turquoise one!
Last Shirt Worn: Green shirt for Grad Last
Webpage Visited: TheBoarder.co.uk

Okay, so that wasted about 5 mins off my day off! Thanks Omletteman!!

Kim x


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home